Traditionally, year-ends are always the right time to accumulate countless awards and rankings in many different fields. Car of the Year, Sportswoman of the Year ... the engines are no exception either and recently elected an American magazine block TDI in the Audi A3 engine best "green" this year. This time, Wards Automotive chooses not one but ten engines selected from all the innovations of the last year.
A list rather based on the absolute efficiency but still allows himself a V8 rewarded among its members. There are a total of two blocks hybrids, two diesel pumps, supercharged by the compressor block and three turbocharged engines. Almost everyone is a winner because apart from missed blocks Audi and BMW engines found Japanese, Korean and American.
Below is a list of ten engines rewarded by Wards Automotive:
* TFSI 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (Audi A4)
* TFSI Supercharged 3.0L DOHC V-6 (Audi S4)
* 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (BMW 335d)
* 2.5L DOHC I-4 Hybrid (Ford Fusion Hybrid)
* EcoBoost 3.5L Turbocharged DOHC V-6 (Ford Taurus SHO)
* 2.4L Ecotec DOHC I-4 (Chevrolet Equinox)
Tau * 4.6L DOHC V-8 (Hyundai Genesis)
* 2.5L Turbocharged DOHC H-4 (Subaru Legacy 2.5GT)
* 1.8L DOHC I-4 Hybrid (Toyota Prius)
* 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI)